French Snap Leather Lead
Proudly Made in the USA
- Reviews (0)
Our French Snap Leather Lead is made with 5/8″ wide 10 oz English Bridle Leather from Wickett & Craig and a nickel plated steel 7/8″ Herm Sprenger HS-6005 heavy duty French Snap.
The lead measures 5 foot long and is an ideal length for most body types to wear bandolier style after you have released your dog off leash. A nickel plated steel floating ring in the handle loop is maintained with a stainless steel keeper.
All overlapped leather has a tapered skive cut to ensure a smooth transition back to the body of the lead. Each leather overlap at the handle and snap has 3 rows of lock stitching to ensure a long life in the field. All leather edges are finished with Weaver black dye Tuff Kote. Our French Snap Leather Lead is built to last decades with proper leather care and is proudly constructed in the USA.
French Snap Leather Lead Features:
- Measures 5 foot long from the end of handle loop to the end of French Snap
- Herm Sprenger HS-6005 heavy duty French Snap measures 5 1/4″
- 5/8″ wide 10 oz English Bridle Leather from Wickett and Craig
- Nickel plated solid steel 7/8″ Herm Sprenger HS-6005 heavy duty French Snap
- 7/8″ is the size of material that will fit through the eye of the swivel
- Large opening for handle with floating nickel plated steel ring
- Stainless steel keeper maintains floating ring in handle loop
- Tapered leather at overlaps ensures smooth transition back to body of lead
- Overlapped leather secured with heavy duty thread sewn in 3 rows of lock stitching
- all edges finished with black dye Tuff Kote
See our selection of USA made dog collars.
About Wickett & Craig Leather
Wickett & Craig calls Curwensville, Pennsylvania home, making it one of the only specialty vegetable tanneries in the U.S.A.
Founded in 1867, Wickett & Craig is a world premiere vegetable tannery. A labor-intensive method that requires skilled workers, veg-tanning is a natural, eco-friendly process that produces durable, exquisite leathers recognized for their depth of color and rich patina. Simply put our leathers not only endure, but get better with age.
About Herm Sprenger
Herm. Sprenger Metallwarenfabrik GmbH & Co. KG from Iserlohn, Germany is one of the leading manufacturers of metal products for equestrian, dog sport and boat fittings since 1872.